Based on my household
income and the number of people in my household, I am in the MIDDLE income
tier, along with 51% of adults in BALTIMORE-COLUMBIA-TOWSON Maryland. My
results compared to others in the U.S. with my demographic profile was interesting.
Among
all American adults with your education, age, race or ethnicity, and marital
status, 48% are LOWER income, 46% are MIDDLE income and 6% are UPPER income. In terms of global income
distribution, my annual income of 100,000 US dollars for a
household of 4 is equivalent to$63/day, per person in 2011 in purchasing power parity dollars, putting me in the HIGH INCOME group worldwide, along
with 55.7% of people in United States.
Your class status
influences the decisions you make in your life because your class status shapes
your identity. Class status can influence religious affiliation, political participation,
family life, education, and health.
Class status can both help and hinder your life goals depending on the
resources you have available and the opportunity presented. A positive role
model in my life is my dad and cousin. My dad has influenced me to be a man of integrity
and my cousin has been a positive example in college. While in college having
an older cousin, who knew the ropes of college was an advantage for me. I know
I can go to these men for advice and when making life decisions. Currently, I
have one old friend that I see as a negative influence. This old friend of mine
has different lifestyle than me. He constantly breaks rules, he isn’t motivated,
and he generally has a negative outlook on life. I have taken steps to minimize
his influence on me by distancing myself from him. I realized I don’t have to
put myself in unfavorable situations, so I decided to stop hanging out with him
and his group on weekends.
The opportunities in my
life that may contribute to my future success could be the connections I make
in college. The opportunity to get an education in college has set me up for possible
future success berceuse degrees are needed to get well-paying jobs. Yet, the
obstacles that can make it difficult for me to achieve success could be because
of financial insecurity, discrimination I face because I am a black male. Regardless
of what obstacles come, they key is to fight against oppression.
No comments:
Post a Comment